Monday, December 17, 2012

Long Time Update: New Project and More...

Hi everybody. Its been a while since I've last updated this blog. Truth be told, I've been working on a new project, and if you've been keeping track of my YouTube channel, then you may have already seen clips and trailers of it. This new project is a fan-film machinima based on the Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords developed by Obsidian Entertainment. 



The Rising Jedi is a fan-film, based on the game, "Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords", developed by Obsidian Entertainment, and published by LucasArts. The film follows the journey and exploits of a character called "Milo Surik", a Jedi Knight who left the Jedi Order after he was exiled for going against their orders. After being in exile for five years, he comes back to Republic territory, only to find out that the Sith, an evil force, has come back to finish off the Republic, and the Jedi. Milo Surik is the only one left who can stop them before their invasion begins...

The history of this project dates all the way back to 2007. I was a big fan of The Sith Lords, and I enjoyed every minute of it. It was one of the best games Obsidian Entertainment developed, and it still holds up as one of the best role-playing games ever made. In 2008, I decided to make a fan-film based on the game Obsidian made using editing techniques and modifications, and exploits. It was going to be a planned trilogy of three fan-films. The original version of my film was released in 2009, and it was called "The Last Hope". It was horrible, and I decided to scrap it so I could make another version. After 2010, the project was canceled, and I removed all my project notes, and files.

The project was revived in Summer of 2012, where I began to brain-storm new ideas for what I'm going to do with the "revived" version. From the beginning, I knew it was going to be completely different from the original "The Last Hope". I began to work on filming, editing and voice acting of "The Rising Jedi" in September of 2012. Fast forward a few months later, and the first teaser come out.

On December 14th, 2012, the project finished. This film you are about to watch is a film that has been in the works since 2007. Many people have contributed to the project, and it has been a team-effort since the beginning. This is the biggest project KribyPink has ever gone on to do, and I hope you enjoy watching this film, and I hope you like it.

KirbyPink would also like to thank the following people for their contributions to this project and more:

Darth Varkor,
MasterCode,
Sith Holocron,
High Sinistry,
HKSuperfan,
... and Marcus22Khaar

If you want to download this film, here is a link:
http://depositfiles.com/files/8vo8zkb7f

No comments:

Post a Comment